Prep Work — Why is it important?
Proper painting surface preparation will mean the difference between a long-lasting paint job and one you’ll have to re-paint again soon.
Different types of surfaces require different paint preparation procedures. Knowing your surface is just as important as applying the proper preparation techniques prior to painting. At Painter Etc, we strive to evaluate every job and apply the proper preparation technique prior to painting.
Good surface preparation is important to successful house painting for many reasons:
- Paint adhesion: Surfaces that are in good repair, sanded and clean will allow the paint to properly adhere to the surface.
- Durability of your paint job: You want your paint job to last and good prep work helps elongate the life of your paint job.
- Aesthetics: Properly sanded, caulked, and prepared surfaces look a lot better than poorly prepared paint jobs.
- Surface Sealing: Surfaces that are sealed properly have better paint absorption and have a more uniform finish. Colors may very widely on surfaces that are not properly sealed.
- You’ll get the most from your investment: Let’s face it, paint jobs are an investment. Get your money’s worth by using a painter that does proper surface preparation.